Content and style
JOACM adheres to a rigorous double-blind peer review policy in which the identity of both the reviewer and author are always concealed from both parties. Manuscripts should be submitted free of identifying features including authors’ names and affiliations. The full name of each author with current affiliation and contact details plus a short biographical note should be supplied in the cover letter.
Manuscripts of 6,000-8,000 words including notes and references will be accepted for review.
Manuscripts should contain, in the following order:
(i) title page with full title and subtitle (if any);
(ii) abstract of 100-150 words;
(iii) up to 10 key words;
(iv) main text with each new paragraph indented;
(v) numbered end notes;
(vi) alphabetical references section using the Harvard system.
Please see the Author Guidelines for length, style and formatting.
How to submit
Please send an electronic copy in an editable format (eg .doc) to Managing Editor, Ben Green, at Griffith University in Brisbane, Australia.
Please attach to every submission a covering letter confirming that all authors have agreed to the submission and the article is not being considered for publication by any other journal.
- Please see the Author Guidelines for length, style and formatting.
- Double-blind peer review.
- All articles received will be reviewed by The Editor for suitability; and if suitable will be distributed to TWO blind peer reviewers.
- Please allow six weeks for peer reviews to be completed, following which time authors will be notified of the outcome of their paper.
- If revisions are required, an additional 6 weeks will be given to complete revisions or a longer period of revision time can be negotiated with the Editor.
- All peer reviews are conducted strictly in confidence and anonymously. Peer reviewers will be recruited based on their expertise in the field covered by the submitted article, with members of the journal’s Editorial Advisory Board acting regularly as peer reviewers.
Book reviews should adhere to the Book Review Guidelines.